Dr. Devorah Heitner
Presented by Viewpoint Parent Education. Growing Up in Public: Milestones of Growing Up in the Digital Age. Kids are growing up in a hyper-connected world. From Roblox to Instagram, from YouTube and TikTok to Discord.
Time & Location
Jan 23, 2024, 7:00 PM
Location is TBD
Join us to learn:
- How parents can mentor children as they grow up on Roblox, Instagram, TikTok, Discord, and other social media apps
- How can we help them navigate a world where they can be exposed to problematic content
- How parents can help kids be thoughtful about their digital footprint and reputation.
- Strategies for teaching tweens and teens to recognize how social media affects their mood and mental health and when to take a break.
- How does mentoring over monitoring with screens actually work?
- How can we help our kids (and ourselves) find the balance between plugged and unplugged activities
- How to work on sleep habits to balance screen time and getting enough rest.
- Supporting kids in staying true to themselves as they grow up “in public” on social media apps.